Buying from ZZP ensures nearly instant response on emailed questions, fast turn around, prompt core refunds, and a phone number you can call if you need to. The ZZP 1.0 PCM is backed by a company you can trust. The ZZP 1.0 PCM gives you the most requested and sought after features in a PCM.
'06-08 Grand Prix GXP: We can do this vehicle however the car must be flashed at our location because it has a separate TCM that can only be flashed in the car.
'06 Grand Prix GT: HPTuners now supports most '06+ Grand Prix pcm cores. We would need to have your core sent in for us to read/tweak/flash and return. There is a slight chance that we can not flash all 06-08 pcms though, we can read/flash VPW, but not CAN cores. There is another option, we can sell you a '05 GTP pcm core that is flashed with our 1.0 file and it will perform perfectly in your '06 GT. But because HPTuners doesn't regularly support the 06+ core, we cannot offer a core refund charge.
Camaro/Firebird: We may require your stock PCM core to read/tweak flash and return.
PCMs ship within 24 hours of order placement!
Sandrail: We do not offer drive-by-wire pcm files.
If "sending core first" is selected, the entire order is held until the core is received and ready to ship. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Electrical items are non returnable.
- 97-00 GTP: performance shift mode must be selected to enable shift points and line pressure modifications. On all other PCMs, we program in the performance tables to run all the time unless otherwise requested.
- 2001 and 2002 GTP PCM's ship with performance shift tables copied into the normal shift table of the PCM. But we do leave the light throttle shifts stock so gas mileage is not reduced. If you want to add the performance shift button to your car, please specify in the comment line and we will leave the normal shift table stock. But you will have to run a wire from your pcm to a switch in the car to activate it.
- 04-05 Monte Carlo and Impalas can select the 97-03 core charge drop down.
- Prepaid return labels are available for the lower 48 states only.
1. Can I change your PCMs with my tuning software?
Yes. We do not lock our PCMs. In fact, we will assist you with the tuning of our 1.0 file if you need help. You can email us your .bin file and we'll help you if you get stuck. We are familiar with all major brands of tuning software for the 3800.
2. What do the cam files have different?
Further raised rev limiters, higher yet shift points, P0300 code eliminated and fueling adjusted for a smoother idle with correct LT fuel trims.
3. Will I need a CASE learn?
Most cars do not require a CASE learn but it is recommended. If you get a check engine light after installing the PCM, then a CASE learn is mandatory. 90+% of cars do not HAVE to have a CASE learn. We offer CASE learns for no charge if you are buying our PCM and in the Grand Rapids area. If you want to avoid the chance of having to do a case learn, then select "sending in core first" on the core charge drop down and send us your pcm core to flash.
4. What if I don't like something about my PCM?
Cars of the same year and type can vary. If you receive your PCM and would like a shift point or one of the modifications that are standard to this PCM changed; simply ship the PCM back within 30 days and we'll make the change at no charge. All you'll owe is the return shipping money.
5. Will I pass emissions with this PCM?
Yes. This PCM does not alter emissions.
6. How strict are you on the core charge?
If you have to send back your PCM because of an issue, or are in process of checking something out with the PCM, or working with us on adjusting the file with your tuning software, we will gladly allow you extra time to return your core. Damaged, dirty or painted PCM core returns will be docked.
If you have an issue with your PCM or install, the core return allowance of 14 days will be extended until the issue is resolved.
7. My car has 3.29 gears, do I need to select that?
No. Choose stock gearing if you haven't change your gear ratio from stock.
8. What are "skip shifts"?
Example would be if you are going 50mph in 4th, the stock PCM would only allow downshifting to 3rd, with skip shift it can drop to 2nd. Same applies for 3rd to 1st shifts depending on mph.
9. What octane do I need to run?
If you have a naturally aspirated vehicle, 91 is recommended. If you have an aftermarket cam, 89 is recommended. Race gas of any type is not recommended. 87 octane will work but performance will suffer some.
If your car is supercharged, or turbo'd premium gas is required. The higher the octane of premium, the better. Unleaded race gas works well for further improved performance.
10. How do I perform a security relearn?
1. Disconnect battery
2. Install new computer
3. Reconnect battery
4. Put emergency brake on to disable daytime running lights (this step is required!)
5. Make sure all doors trunk and hood are closed leave driver window down and reach in threw window
6. Try to start. If it doesn't start, leave the key in the on position for 10 min on 97-03 cars and 15 min for 04 and newer cars. The security light should turn off after this amount of time.
7. Turn off ignition for 3 seconds
8. Try and start the car. It probably won't start. Repeat step 5 two more times.
9. If this doesn't work disconnect battery for 5 seconds and then try and start the car.
If that doesn’t work, try this one:
1. Disconnect battery for 10 sec.
2. Reconnect battery
3. Turn key to ON position
4. Do not try to start vehicle, just quickly click to RUN position to engage security light
5. Let vehicle sit with key ON for 35 min.
6. Attempt to crank vehicle. Once vehicle is running, the security light may still be on
7. If security light is still on, turn key to OFF position for 5 sec.
8. Turn key to ON position and security light should turn off
9. Start vehicle and enjoy new PCM
And if that doesnt work, some have had this one work:
1. Try to start the vehicle.
2. Turn ignition to OFF for 10 seconds.
3. Turn ON (NOT START) the ignition (using a black Master Pass-Key III key, not a gray Valet key).
4. Observe the SECURITY telltale on the dashboard. After approximately ten minutes it should turn off for the first time.
5. Turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.
6. Turn ON (NOT START) the ignition (using a black Master Pass-Key III key, not a gray Valet key).
7. Observe the SECURITY telltale on the dashboard. After approximately ten minutes it should turn off for the second time.
8. Turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.
9. Turn ON (NOT START) the ignition (using a black Master Pass-Key III key, not a gray Valet key).
10. Observe the SECURITY telltale on the dashboard. After approximately ten minutes it should turn off for the third time.
11. Turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.
12. Start the vehicle.
Notes: If your car starts at any time and stays running, you are done. If your car starts and dies, try step 9. If it dies after 2 seconds after you have done these steps, you either have a bad FP resistor or the security setting in your PCM is wrong and it will need an update. Security relearn procedure will not work with the valet key!
Monte Carlo Notes:
On some 2000 and up Monte Carlos, the ABS light will illuminate after the install of our PCM. It will disappear with normal driving. During this time traction control will be disabled.
04+ Grand Prix Notes:
Note from customer: "The DIC readout was "Headlamps suggested" so my thoughts are it never went into security relearn with this method. Then I tried the original method of start, on position for 15 minutes, etc. However, I left the key in the ON position for 20 minutes and would then turn key to off for 30 seconds then try to start. The first attempt it didn't start, but did on the second attempt. Interesting note: the "security disabled due to theft" message never turned off when the key was in the on position. After the car started I didn’t have any security messages or SES lights."
REFUNDABLE CORE INFORMATION:
A $50 U.S. core charge will be added to the price of this item. The core charge is 100% refundable with the return of your original PCM within 14 days of receiving your PCM. 2004+ model PCMs have a $125 core charge. This is reflected when you select 2004+ in the year drop down. Damaged, dirty or painted PCM core returns will be docked.
Return labels are only available for the lower 48 states. If you have an issue with your PCM or install, the core return allowance of 14 days will be extended until the issue is resolved.
*PCMs are flashed on a per order basis and once shipped they are non-returnable. Warranty replacements are offered for 1 year on defective products.
**If you select the option of us sending you a hpt/bin file, and then ask for it again at a later date, there will be a $25 service fee.
If you select "sending in core first" send core to:
Attn: Order # (Enter your specific order number here)
2450 28th st. SW
Wyoming, MI 49519
Sending in the core first will allow you to avoid getting a case learn.